Your shopping cart is empty!
MM Trade, the owner of bestblinds.ie website, respects your right to privacy. As part of the internet store's facility, bestblinds.ie Online Store will retain certain information including your name, address, phone number(s), e-mail address, IP address, billing address and shipping address and product selection.
The legal bases that we rely on
Data Protection law sets out a number of different reasons why a company can collect and process your personal data. The bases that we use as a company are:
Where we have a contact with you, we will use your personal data to fulfil the contract, for example we collect your address details in order to measure and fit the products that you wish to buy from us.
In some cases the law requires us to collect and pass on your data, for example we pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example we will use your purchase history to send you direct marketing information about products and services that are available and we believe are of interest you.
How and why we use personal data
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. If you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are your rights?’ section below.
If you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
If we intend to use your personal data for any purposes not set out below, we will notify you beforehand.
To provide you with the goods and services which you have ordered from us
We need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations so that we can manage your customer account and provide you with the goods and services you want to buy, including sending any relevant and necessary documentation and communications regarding the product or service and help you with any orders and refunds you may ask for. Sometimes we may need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as delivery couriers or a fitter visiting your home). We do this to be able to fulfil our contract with you.
To allow you to pay for the goods and services that you have received
In order pursue our legitimate interests we may need to contact you to take payment or pass your details onto third parties for debt collection purposes.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We have a legitimate interest to improve our product range and ensure that it is tailored to our customers’ needs. We do this by carrying out market research relating to our product range and internal research and development, and may need to process your personal data to do so.
As a business we have a legitimate interest to ensure that you can safely use our services. To do this we will use your personal data to detect and prevent fraud and other crimes. If we discover or suspect criminal activity through this monitoring we may pass your personal information to law enforcement to help protect individuals from criminal activities.
Personalise your shopping experience
To enhance your use of our services, and provide you with a personalised shopping experience, we will use your online browsing behaviour as well as previous purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services as part of our legitimate interests.
Cookies can be blocked by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Contact and interact with you
We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to communications you have sent to use, including social media posts that you have directed at us as part of our legitimate interests to interact with our customers and improve their experience.
To administer any promotions or competitions that you choose to take part in
If you choose to take part in a promotion or competition, including those we run with our suppliers and Retail Partners, we need to process your personal data with your consent so that we can manage the promotions or competitions.
Understand and improve service levels
In order to pursue our legitimate interests as a company, we want to improve the service that we provide to our customers and understand the cause of any issues that might have arisen during the order process.
To do this we may process your personal data to monitor the status and outcome of your order and to generate a range of internal analysis aimed at identifying any areas of improvement.
To comply with our legal obligations
In some cases,we will need to process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations. For example we sometimes need you to verify your identity before responding to your requests.
To send you communications required by law, or which are needed to inform you about changes to products or services that have been provided to you. For example updates to this Privacy notice, product recall notices or information we are legally required to communicate to you regarding your order. These messages will not include any marketing content.
To comply with any legal obligations to share data with law enforcement, for example if a court order is submitted to us requiring that we share your personal data.
When we collect personal data, and what data we collect
This section lets you know under what circumstances we may collect personal information from you, and what personal data we may collect.
When you contact us to request a brochure, order samples or book an appointment, you may provide us with:
• Your personal contact details, including your name, postal address, email address and telephone number
When you purchase products from us, you may provide us with:
• Your personal contact details, including your name, postal address, email address and telephone number
• Information about your purchase, for example what you have bought, when you bought it, what the installation address is and financial information relating to how you paid for it
When you browse our websites we may collect:
• Information about the device you have used to access the Website (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
• Your IP address is unique identifier used to identify the computer or device that you are using to access the internet.
• Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Website, including which site you came from and products that you are interested in, and information about when you click on one of our adverts, including those shown on other organisations’ websites.
When we contact you we may collect:
• Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
• Copies of documents you provide to prove your age or identity where the law requires this. (including your passport and driver's licence). This may include details of your full name, address, date of birth and facial image. If you provide a passport, the data will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality.
When you contact us using online forms : Request Samples or Request a callback we may collect:
• Personal data you provide about yourself any time you contact us about our Services (for example, your name, social media username and contact details), including by phone and email.
• The information you supply to bestblinds.ie through this form will be held and used by us solely for the purpose of responding to your request and will not be retained for any other purpose.
When you comment on or review our products and services online
• Your comments and product reviews if posted online
It is important that personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. Our contact details can be found at the end of this privacy notice or at the ‘Contact Us’ tab of our website.
How we protect your data
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
Where we engage with third parties to process personal data on our behalf, we do so, on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
How long we keep your data for
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes that it was initially collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be securely deleted or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
If you place an order with us we have to retain the details of the order, including your personal data, for 5 years to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. If the order included a warranty which was for a longer period than this, and you have registered that warranty with us, we will keep details of the warranty period and any associated personal data for the duration of the warranty period.
Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal information with third parties (including our partner company Bestpol) set out below the purposes set out in the ‘How and why we use personal data' section above
Sharing your details with our roller blinds supplier Bestpol
We disclose your personal data to our partner company BestPol in order to fulfil your order and delivery.
Partners and Service providers
We apply the following policy when we share your personal information with external organisations
• We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
• They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
• We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
• If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
In addition to our use of service providers, we may also disclose your personal data to our suppliers or subcontractors in order to provide you with the Services you have requested from us.
We may disclose your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers. We share your information with them in so that we can process your payments, and deal with complaints and queries relating to these payments and/or refunds.
See Appendix 1 for more information.
We may share personal data with other organisations not included in the list in the previous section in the following circumstances:
• if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
• if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
• to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or
• to any other successors in title to our business.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
What are your rights?
Under General Data protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights. Some of these are complex and not all of the details have been included in our summaries below.
You have the right:
1. To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
2. To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
3. To request from us access to personal information held about you;
4. To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
5. To ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
6. To ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
Where use of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If you wish access to a copy of your personal data held by us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish us to erase your personal data from our files, please email us at email@example.com
Appendix 1 – List of Data Processors
We may share your personal data with the following categories of service providers:
• Courier services
• IT consultants
• IT service providers
• Legal Advisors
• Online review providers
• Payment providers
• Postal services
• Supplier BestPol
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
COOKIE name COOKIE Description
CART The association with your shopping cart.
CATEGORY_INFO Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
COMPARE The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
CURRENCY Your preferred currency
CUSTOMER An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
CUSTOMER_AUTH An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
CUSTOMER_INFO An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS Stores the Customer Segment ID
EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
FRONTEND You sesssion ID on the server.
GUEST-VIEW Allows guests to edit their orders.
LAST_CATEGORY The last category you visited.
LAST_PRODUCT The most recent product you have viewed.
NEWMESSAGE Indicates whether a new message has been received.
NO_CACHE Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
POLL The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
POLLN Information on what polls you have voted on.
RECENTLYCOMPARED The items that you have recently compared.